[Spacewalk-list] Ubuntu package upgrade misses some packages

Brandt Tullis brandt.tullis at tbwa.com
Thu Jan 22 18:07:29 UTC 2015

Hello,

Thanks to spacewalk-debian-sync.pl , my Ubuntu hosts are successfully
checking in with SpaceWalk.  Here is the issue:
-In SpaceWalk GUI, I select an Ubuntu host and "upgrade packages"
-The updates install and a green check appears by the system - 0 packages
available.
-On the system, apt-get -u upgrade shows 22 package upgrades available:

root at NUSTWPAPPTST02:/home/admin-tbwa# apt-get -u upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  bind9-host bsdutils dnsutils file gcc-4.9-base iputils-ping
  iputils-tracepath language-pack-en libbind9-90 libdns100 libevent-2.0-5
  libgcc1 libisc95 libisccc90 libisccfg90 liblwres90 libmagic1 ntpdate
  python3-distupgrade python3-update-manager ubuntu-release-upgrader-core
  update-manager-core
22 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1,834 kB of archives.
After this operation, 545 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

Do I need to create another Ubuntu channel to cover these packages?  Here
is my crontab -e contents on the Spacewalk server:

0 23 * * * spacewalk-debian-sync.pl --username admin-spacewalk --password
gDl64AiKK13ad --channel trusty-security --url '
http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/trusty-security/main/binary-amd64/
'

30 23  * * * spacewalk-debian-sync.pl --username admin-spacewalk --password
gDl64AiKK13ad --channel trusty-updates --url '
http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/trusty-updates/main/binary-amd64/'

0 0 * * * spacewalk-debian-sync.pl --username admin-spacewalk --password
gDl64AiKK13ad --channel trusty --url '
http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/'

Thanks for your time!

-Brandt

--

Brandt Tullis
Junior Admin, TBWA

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which
it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is
privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the
information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.  All contents are the
copyright property of TBWA Worldwide, its agencies or a client of
such agencies. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
nevertheless bound to respect the worldwide legal rights of TBWA
Worldwide, its agencies and its clients. We require that unintended
recipients delete the e-mail and destroy all electronic copies in
their system, retaining no copies in any media.If you have received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us via e-mail to
disclaimer at tbwaworld.com.  We appreciate your cooperation.

We make no warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of this
e-mail and accept no liability for its content or use.  Any opinions
expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect the opinions of TBWA Worldwide or any of its
agencies or affiliates.

--

This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error via e-mail to disclaimer at email-abuse.com and please delete the e-mail from your system, retaining no copies in any media. We appreciate your cooperation.