[Spacewalk-list] OpenSCAP XML's

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 12:12:25 UTC 2015

Hello Erik, good morning

You can do the steps bellow

yum install spacewalk-oscap -y
yum install scap-security-guide -y

after install the security-guide package, you can check files in your
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content directory.

Are you using in RHEL or CentOS Systems !?!

If you are using RHEL 6, the files used will be as bellow

/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-cpe-dictionary.xml
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-cpe-oval.xml
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-ds.xml
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-oval.xml
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml

To check what profile you have available, execute the command bellow:

oscap info ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml

and to test, execute command bellow

oscap info ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml

If you are running in CentOS 6, you need change some parameters

sed -i -e "s#<platform>Red Hat Enterprise Linux
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssgrhel6-cpe-oval.xml
sed -i -e "s#cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:6#cpe:/o:centos:centos:6##g"
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-cpe-oval.xml
sed -i -e "s#cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux#cpe:/o:centos:centos##g"
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml

After these changes, will work fine in CentOS.

Let me know if you have any question!

Take Care

Atenciosamente
Waldirio