[Spacewalk-list] latest channel synchronization

Reneau, Wes W [HDS] Wes.Reneau at hdsupply.com
Wed Jan 28 19:43:21 UTC 2015

All,

I have a spacewalk setup where I have the following channels sync'd, I refer to these as my master channels.  Other than the base channel they are sync'd on a regular basis.

5 Latest
6 Latest
5.5 Install Media (base)
        5.5 Patch
6.5 Install Media (base)
        6.5 Patch

I have channels that I "distribute" to my clients via activation keys they are as follows:

      5.5 Base
        5.5 Patch (Security Only)
        5 Latest (Security Only) -to-date=2011-01-12

      6.5 Base
        6.5 Patch (Security Only)
        6 Latest (Security Only) -to-date=2011-01-12

At present using the clone-by-date command prevents the latest channel to upgrade to the next release, for example 5.5 to 5.6 or from 6.5 to 6.6.

Was curious how you all get those latest packages distributed to your machines and prevent the revision or "dot" upgrades.  There are some updates that are not published in the patch channel but are in the latest channel.

Thanks

WR