[Spacewalk-list] Full server rebuild - Best practice to rejoin it to SpaceWalk

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 00:38:56 UTC 2015

If you haven't removed the system from Spacewalk yet.. you can easily
re-register it using the re-activation key. Click on the system in
Spacewalk, Click the Reactivation tab, and Generate new key. You'll have to
use the force option unless you do the following on the client # rm -f
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid

rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://yourspacewalk.server.com/XMLRPC
--profilename=`hostname -f` --activationkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Doing the re-activation is beneficial as it will preserve the event
history, subscribe to the same channels, avoid creating a duplicate
profile, etc.