[Spacewalk-list] Why does one of my clients have a question mark next to it's name?

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 04:30:27 UTC 2015

That means it's not checking in with Spacewalk. Verify that the rhnsd
service is running on the client system. # service rhnsd status
Without that service running the client won't periodically check-in with
Spacewalk and thus has an unknown status. You can force the client to
check-in manually by running # rhn_check on the client. The rhnsd service
does this automatically every couple hours as long as the service is
running.