[Spacewalk-list] Why does one of my clients have a question mark next to it's name?

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Thu Jan 29 15:35:20 UTC 2015

* Brian Ross <Brian.Ross at asggroup.com.au> [2015-01-29 04:44]:
> That didn’t fix it so I deleted the system and registered it and that
> fixed it.  Thanks for your help.

Running rhn_check manually will also be a good tool for testing
connectivity in the future.

If it's "just working" now after deleting and re-registering, it may
have been the wrong systemid.  The systemid is what actually ties the
client to the back-end.  If you see something like this again, make sure
the systemid in the system profile matches the systemid on the client in
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com