[Spacewalk-list] Sles Patchlvl 4 Spacewalk-Service fail

Bernd Helber bernd at helber-it-services.com
Wed Jul 29 17:09:53 UTC 2015

Hi Fabian,

the SLES11 SP3 Packages will work  on SP4 too.
what we did to achieve the same goal was disabling the
Spacewalk Client Repo/channel on all Clients we wanted to upgrade.

That may solve your Problem to.

So what we did... to upgrade our SLES11 SP1 Systems

We created a Repo and synced the Packages from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/systemsmanagement:/spacewalk:/2.2/SLE_11_SP3/x86_64/

We werent succesful with 2.3 Agent. After fiddling around  with the
2.3 Agent we removed all the 2.3 Packages installed the 2.2 Packages
After that everything worked well.

1st Step

zypper install zypper install rhn-client-tools zypp-plugin-spacewalk
rhnsd rhn-setup rhn-check yum

2nd Step

zypper up
sync
init 6

3rd step.
Activating the SP2 Repos int our Spacewalk Gui.
zypper
dup
sync
init 6

4th Step.
Activating the SP3 Repos int our Spacewalk Gui.
zyper dup.....
sync
init 6
5th Step Activating the Spacwalk Repos...

and so on...

That worked on all our Test and Production Systems.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Bernd Helber