[Spacewalk-list] Managing RHEL 6/7 systems with spacewalk

Lichtinger, Bernhard Bernhard.Lichtinger at lrz.de
Fri May 29 13:12:38 UTC 2015

Hi Michael,

> I find very confusing information on whether I can manage RHEL 6 and 7 clients with the latest spacewalk version.
> If not, is there any other free solution on how to realize packet updates for licensed RHEL systems without having each one talking individually to the RHN via Internet?

For RHEL 6 I'm sure you can use spacewalk. And I think RHEL 7 will also be fine, technically speaking.

BUT when you search this list's archive, you will find some different opinions about the license terms when using spacewalk with RHEL clients.
IMHO using spacewalk is ok as long you have enough valid licenses for every server's OS.

Regards,
Bernhard