[Spacewalk-list] Getting the Groups Comps File With Repo Sync

Alan Cowles alan.cowles at gmail.com
Fri May 29 13:25:09 UTC 2015

I'm currently running 2.3, and I've seen quite a few posts about this to
the list but they are all a bit dated mostly referencing 1.7/1.8 and
from 2011/2012. I've got a channel setup, but it's extremely basic,
essentially syncing base and updates repos... but the repomd.xml file
located in /var/cache/rhn//channel-name//reposync doesn't even reference
the comps file. The one in /var/cache/rhn//channel-name//repodata does
reference a local comps.xml file, but no such file is present after
updating the sync. I have found comps.xml and comps.xml.bz2 files
modified with numeric strings in
/var/satellite/rhn/comps//channel-name/, and have attempted to move
these to the appropriate directory. This cleared up the message "There
is no groups file present" but no groups other than Spacewalk-Client are
listed. Thoughts/Remedies?