[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk2.4-Failing on repo-sync with python2.7-six.add_metaclass

James Hibberd jhibberd at proact.co.uk
Wed Nov 4 12:07:33 UTC 2015

Hi

I am very new to Spacewalk and have been given a task to test Spacewalk to help with patching. I have set up a Red Hat 7 server and CentOS 7 server and have installed Spacewalk 2.4 on both machines.

I have set up Parent channels with Child channels under them.

I have set up repos to the child channels but the sync will not pull down the packages.

I can access the repo url via a browser so there is not an issue with access but when I try to run a repo-sync manually it fails with” AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'add_metaclass'

python2.7/site-packages/debian/deb822.py", line 1481, in <module>
    @six.add_metaclass(_ClassInitMeta)

I am not sure what has gone wrong and need help to fix this python2.7 error.

Has anyone seen this before?

Many thanks

======================================
| Channel: test_centos_7_base
======================================
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync", line 218, in <module>
    sys.exit(abs(main() or 0))
  File "/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync", line 210, in main
    latest=options.latest)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/reposync.py", line 174, in __init__
    self.repo_plugin = self.load_plugin(repo_type)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/reposync.py", line 241, in load_plugin
    mod = __import__('spacewalk.satellite_tools.repo_plugins', globals(), locals(), [name])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/satellite_tools/repo_plugins/__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
    from spacewalk.server import rhnPackageUpload
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/server/rhnPackageUpload.py", line 20, in <module>
    from spacewalk.common import rhn_mpm, rhn_deb, rhn_pkg
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/spacewalk/common/rhn_deb.py", line 23, in <module>
    from debian import debfile
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/debian/debfile.py", line 27, in <module>
    from debian.deb822 import Deb822
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/debian/deb822.py", line 1481, in <module>
    @six.add_metaclass(_ClassInitMeta)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'add_metaclass'

James Hibberd
Technical Support Consultant

Support: +44 (0)8442 488 020
Email: jhibberd at proact.co.uk

Proact IT UK Ltd, Floor 3, Maxim 3, Parklands Avenue, Eurocentral, ML1 4WQ
[http://www.marketing.proact.co.uk/i/emailSignatureTopFinal.gif]<http://www.proact.co.uk/email>
<http://www.proact.co.uk/email>

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed spacewalk-list at redhat.com. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author James Hibberd and do not necessarily represent those of Proact IT UK. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of email transmission.