[Spacewalk-list] Kickstarting CentOS

Jonathan Hoser jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Nov 18 10:31:18 UTC 2015

On 11/18/2015 08:51 AM, Philipp Wehling wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for that advice. I will try that out.
>
> But here another question. I made my structure for some specific reason:
>
> What about the EPEL-Repository? If I divide the channels into CentOS7
> and SL7 I have to create one EPEL-Channels for each of these. This
> wouldnt be efficient ... I mean: two times reposync, two times HDD
> utilization for no reason ...
>
> With my structure I only have one EPEL-channel for RHEL7. I register
> my clients to RHEL7 and I can de/select every other channel I want to
> have. Same handling for postgresql, jpackage, etc.

No, it does not.

If two channels have identical packages (e.g. synced from the same repo)
they are only kept *once* in the spacewalks' file-storage. The same is
not true for the database end of things, obviously.
Due to the normalized DB schema, I'd guess about 1/3 of a 'full set' of
database-entry (for a new RPM) will be present for a duplicate entry.

Best
-Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hoser, M.Sc.
Institute of Bioinformatics and System Biology

WWW: http://mips.helmholtz-muenchen.de

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)

Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1

85764 Neuherberg

www.helmholtz-muenchen.de

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe

Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Nikolaus Blum, Dr. Alfons Enhsen

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466

USt-IdNr: DE 129521671