[Spacewalk-list] Installation Latest Spacewalk on Fedora 23

Jan Dobes jdobes at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 09:41:22 UTC 2015

On 21.11.2015 18:04 Mark Grinceri wrote:
> Hi All,
> New to spacewalk and Linux in general. I am interest in installing Spacewalk to manage a whole bunch of Fedora servers but it seems from looking at the documentation that spacewalk really only supports the pervious version i.e. Fedora 22 as a spacewalk server and as a spacewalk client. Is that statement correct? Is there any way to install spacewalk and manage a bunch of the latest fedora servers. My attempts to install spacewalk on a Fedora 23 machine and enable nightly builds give me this error "Error: nothing provides spacewalk-java-postgresql needed by spacewalk-postgresql-2.4.2-1.fc23.noarch” maybe I’m doing something wrong. Insight would be great.
>
> Thanks
> Mark

Hello,

Spacewalk server is not currently supported on Fedora 23 yet, it will be
in next release. But you can try it when we have all testing packages in
nightly repo (when we resolve all building errors - yes spacewalk-java
is still missing), however it's not guaranteed it will work without
additional changes.

Similarly you can experiment with client packages, you can take latest
from nightly repo. There are even some already built for and included in
Fedora 23 but not really tested. If you register these F23 clients
against Spacewalk 2.4, it might work too, but it's not tested.

Jan Dobes
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat