[Spacewalk-list] Changing Parent Channel

Philipp Wehling philipp.wehling at megatel.de
Mon Nov 23 10:23:22 UTC 2015

Hello,

when I try to change the parent-channel via remote-commands, I get an error, that this information cant be sent to the server.

It works to change parent channel for the client, but after this operation, there are 2 duplicate systems listed in system overview.

Here is the command:

#!/bin/sh

rhnreg_ks --serverUrl= http://spacewalk.domain.de/XMLRPC --activationkey=1-centos-x86_64 --force

And the output:

# rhn_check
Could not submit results to server <RetryServer for spacewalk.domain.de/XMLR PC>
Error code: -22
Error Message:
Action 1289 does not belong to server 1000010122
Error Class Code: 22
Error Class Info: Unable to retrieve requested entry.
Explanation:
An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
details on how to reproduce this problem.

This is no big deal for me, but maybe anyone wants to know.

kind regards,

Philipp