[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and VMware Templates

Alexander Dacre alex.dacre at aridhia.com
Sun Oct 11 16:21:54 UTC 2015

Hi Folks,

We're a big VMware shop here, and we use Spacewalk to manage our fleet of CentOS servers. At the moment we have a golden template VM (basically 6.7 minimal) with some wizardry in roots cron file - it executes some commands on @reboot and then truncates the file. This results in any new servers deployed from this template being registered in Spacewalk.

Is there a better way to do this? Ideally I would like to use kickstart, but it isn't an option in our environment [☹]

Thanks,

Alex