[Spacewalk-list] Access to repos on spacewalk local server

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 08:51:54 UTC 2016

It depends on what distribution you use for the kickstart. E.g. any version of
RHEL or Fedora contains and installs the client pieces by default (and actually
uses them for default registration to Spacewalk). Optionally you can specify
packages you'd like to have installed during the kickstart in the
Software - Package Groups section of your kickstart profile configuration.

So, there's a chance the kickstarted machine has already the client pieces
installed. If not, you need to get them onto the machine manually and install
them. Spacewalk won't help you, till the machine is registered to it.

Tomas Lestach
Red Hat Satellite Engineering, Red Hat