[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check fails

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 08:03:11 UTC 2016

I'm not entirely sure, but this might be few issues, so lets try:

  client# grep sslCACert= /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
  client# grep Subject: /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
          Subject: C=CZ, ST=Brno, L=Brno, O=Brno, OU=spacewalk.example.com, CN=spacewalk.example.com

Check the hostname in OU or CN param (I do not know the difference). It
should match to the hostname how you are accessing your Spacewalk and
also:

  client# grep serverURL= /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
  serverURL=https://spacewalk.example.com/XMLRPC

make sure that (from the client) ping to the Spacewalk hostname works
+ host on the IP returns same hostname. There is more to check for sure.

Regards,
Jan