[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check fails

William H. ten Bensel WHTENBEN at up.com
Wed Feb 24 14:45:07 UTC 2016

We ran into issues where "yum update" updated the centos-release RPM,
which in turn would push updated .repos to /etc/yum.repos.d/.  This would
cause a similar issue to the errors described.

The solution we came up with, was to put the following in the post section
of the default kickstart:  If there is a better idea, I am all ears.

mkdir -p /some/where/
echo "reposdir=" /some/where/" >> /etc/yum.conf

Some benefits, by doing this has been that 3rd party vendor apps that
install their own /etc/yum.repos.d/ will not cause any delays or issues
with running yum commands (if they cannot reach the site).  If the client
is able to reach the site, then a request process will move the 3rd party
.repo in /some/where.

- Thanks