[Spacewalk-list] Core group is missing

Buesker, Brian bbuesker at qti.qualcomm.com
Sat Jul 30 21:30:58 UTC 2016

On 07/29/2016 12:41 PM, Luzemário Dantas wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to deploy Fedora 23 on bare metal machines by Spacewalk
> 2.5, but despite the settings I choose, Anaconda throws an error just
> after partitioning phase, complaining about an inexistent "core" group:
>
> "The goup 'core' is required for this installation. This group does
> not exist. This is a fatal error and installation will be aborted".
Are all of the groups missing? Hopefully the issue I reported back in
January [1] with Spacewalk 2.4 only serving the uncompressed groups file
but dnf expecting a compressed one has been fixed, but I have not yet
had a chance to upgrade to Spacewalk 2.5 so I can't confirm that myself.

As mentioned in my email, I've been able to work around it by using a
pre-nochroot script to modify the dnf code to request an uncompressed
groups file. You might want to give that a shot if the symptom is the same.

[1]
https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2016-January/msg00007.html