[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Failover?

Stuart Green stuart.green at doccentrics.com
Mon Mar 7 16:10:29 UTC 2016

So I've spent a bit of time getting my 2 spacewalk servers 'connected'.  I
have ISS mode configured so the channels are syncing between the two
servers, the next thing I moved to was 'failover'

There's not much information on the web or on this list pertaining to quite
whether it works but documentation here suggests it can with the correct
version of up2date.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Network/5.0.0/html/Client_Configuration_Guide/s2-client-config-failover.html

The problem is the 2 url setting never sticks, the client  machine needs to
be registered with both spacewalk servers to receive the updates, and in
the process of registration the altered /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date file is
reverted.  If I put the urls back again, then shutdown the primary
spacewalk server and try to update from the secondary it goes back to
saying I'm not registered.

Does this method actually work any more or has it been superseeded?

Cheers,
Stu