[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart and Config management

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:09:17 UTC 2016

On 30 March 2016 at 10:43, Avi Miller <avi.miller at oracle.com> wrote:

> > On 30 Mar 2016, at 10:30 AM, Lachlan Musicman <datakid at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > If this doesn't work, where should I look for information on why? I'm
> not seeing anything in the log files.
>
> Post-provisioning, check that you have the following RPMs installed:
>
> rhncfg-management
> rhncfg-client
> rhncfg
> rhncfg-actions
>
> And check that configuration management is allowed:
>
> # rhn-actions-control --report
> deploy is enabled
> diff is enabled
> upload is enabled
> mtime_upload is enabled
> run is enabled
>
> If you don't have the RPMs, the rhn-actions-control won't work. If you're
> not installing the RPMs as part of the provisioning process (i.e. if
> they're not available in any channel enabled for kickstart), then the
> enabling options won't work.

Thanks Avi.

Here's the output on a machine that I *just* deployed:

[root at vmpr-res-head-node ~]# rpm -qa | grep rhncfg
rhncfg-5.10.85-1.el7.noarch
rhncfg-actions-5.10.85-1.el7.noarch
rhncfg-client-5.10.85-1.el7.noarch
rhncfg-management-5.10.85-1.el7.noarch

[root at vmpr-res-head-node ~]# rhn-actions-control --report
deploy is enabled
diff is enabled
upload is enabled
mtime_upload is enabled
run is enabled

So everything looks right from that perspective.

But, no file deployment?

Hmmm..

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper