[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart and Config management

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Tue Mar 29 23:43:26 UTC 2016

> On 30 Mar 2016, at 10:30 AM, Lachlan Musicman <datakid at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 24 March 2016 at 16:24, Avi Miller <avi.miller at oracle.com> wrote:
> You need to make sure you're installing the rhncfg-* packages during provisioning and that you enable all the configuration options on the Profile -> System Details -> Details page so that configuration files are allowed to be deployed.
>

> If this doesn't work, where should I look for information on why? I'm not seeing anything in the log files.

Post-provisioning, check that you have the following RPMs installed:

rhncfg-management
rhncfg-client
rhncfg
rhncfg-actions

And check that configuration management is allowed:

# rhn-actions-control --report
deploy is enabled
diff is enabled
upload is enabled
mtime_upload is enabled
run is enabled

If you don't have the RPMs, the rhn-actions-control won't work. If you're not installing the RPMs as part of the provisioning process (i.e. if they're not available in any channel enabled for kickstart), then the enabling options won't work.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496