[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk - PostgreSQL High I/O

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 22:23:00 UTC 2016

tuning for 5000 clients is nuts that would hurt your performance
try running pgtune for about 50 to maybe 500 clients max, but I try
the lower setting first.
Now lets talk about the high IO that usually happens when you don't
have enough working memory in PostgreSQL's configuration. When that
happens PostgreSQL creates temp files that are slow and do a lot of
write IO during read operations because it will have to swap the data
out to the temp files, note setting the number of connections too high
would exacerbate that issue f its the root cause.
By the way I managed up to 400 with spacewalk and never had to disable
the snapshots.