[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk - PostgreSQL High I/O

Matt Moldvan matt at moldvan.com
Tue Oct 11 00:58:02 UTC 2016

We have about 6,000 systems to manage and it was unusable otherwise... I
had way too much trouble trying to get OSAD to work through proxies and F5
load balancers, so I had to end up pointing them all to two masters that
are still using the same Postgres database VM.  I was also toying with
having the database be the back end for OSAD, so with that in mind the
number of concurrent clients would often reach higher than usual
numbers...  I tried a lot of different things to get Spacewalk stable,
usable, and have proper failover, so I don't know that any of my
recommendations or environment specific settings might be a silver bullet
for anyone else, but it can't hurt to try, and learn in the process.