[Spacewalk-list] Using RHEL 7 local repositories on RHEL 6 spacewalk server

Shinde, Balaji balaji.shinde at capgemini.com
Tue Oct 25 11:18:46 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I have setup a spacewalk server on RHEL6.7. Also I have setup a local repository server which syncs itself with RHN repos and serves to spacewalk server. This is because we are running in AWS and don't have RHN credentials. This works great.

Now I have created a RHEL7.2 local repository server and want to use its URLs in my spacewalk server which is running on 6.7. But when I sync the repository, I get below error.
"Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: ace-rhel7-standard-child-channel. Please verify its path and try again"

My repo URL works fine from the browser, also I have proper connectivity between servers, so I was thinking if I can use rhel6 spacewalk server for rhel7 repositories or not?

Regards.
Balaji Shinde / Capgemini / India
AppsTwo Shared Services -  iSupport
Desk: +91-22-6686 0500 -2246410/ Mobile: +91 9820215514
VOIP: +: +1 312-799- 7777 ext- 2246410 www.capgemini.com<BLOCKED::www.capgemini.com>
People matter, results count.