[Spacewalk-list] Satellite not offering latest kernel versions for hours after they are downloaded

Bradley E Freeman befreeman at vcu.edu
Wed Oct 26 17:05:42 UTC 2016

For some reason the dirtyCOW vulnerability is getting lots of
attention, so my satellite 5.6 server is getting hit by many requests
for the latest kernels. These are downloaded and in the repo, but
aren't being offered by default. (Clients can apply them by hand, but
'yum update' isn't offering them.)

I've cleared the cache & refreshed, no joy.

Incidentally, this also happened yesterday. I opened a ticket with red
hat support, but it fixed itself before they could look into it.

I'm putting this out there in case any one else has seen this
behaviour, or has any clues I can investigate.