[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk in AWS instance

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Apr 13 11:35:12 UTC 2017

Fouts, Christopher:
> I setup Spacewalk in an AWS instance, and put an AWS load balancer (ELB) in front of it. In the Health Check tab of the load balancer, what should I put for the Ping Path? I have the following
>
> Ping Protocol: HTTPS
> Ping Port: 443
> Ping Path: ???
>
> Response Timeout: 5s
> Interval: 10s
> Unhealthy Threshold: 2
> Healthy Threshold: 3
>
>  I’ve tried /rhn/Login.do to no avail. The ELB shows the instance as OutOfService

If you want to monitor apache+tomcat is working you can use /rhn/help/about.do,
if just apache is enough try /pub/.

Anyway I think /rhn/Login.do is also good choice. So maybe look into
/var/log/httpd/access.log whether you can see any access from health check there.
Otherwise it could be a network issue/misconfiguration.

Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat