[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk in AWS instance

Fouts, Christopher Christopher.Fouts at Teradata.com
Thu Apr 13 14:12:28 UTC 2017

Thanks, I’ll try your suggestions. I was trying to do this “before” the initial first-user setup and that’s probably why the /rhn/Login.do didn’t work.

Chris

On 4/13/17, 7:35 AM, "spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of Michael Mraka" <spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of michael.mraka at redhat.com> wrote:

    Fouts, Christopher:
    > I setup Spacewalk in an AWS instance, and put an AWS load balancer (ELB) in front of it. In the Health Check tab of the load balancer, what should I put for the Ping Path? I have the following
    >
    > Ping Protocol: HTTPS
    > Ping Port: 443
    > Ping Path: ???
    >
    > Response Timeout: 5s
    > Interval: 10s
    > Unhealthy Threshold: 2
    > Healthy Threshold: 3
    >
    >  I’ve tried /rhn/Login.do to no avail. The ELB shows the instance as OutOfService

    If you want to monitor apache+tomcat is working you can use /rhn/help/about.do,
    if just apache is enough try /pub/.

    Anyway I think /rhn/Login.do is also good choice. So maybe look into
    /var/log/httpd/access.log whether you can see any access from health check there.
    Otherwise it could be a network issue/misconfiguration.

    Michael Mráka
    System Management Engineering, Red Hat