[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk server HTTPS Error 400 - Bad Request

Robin Beardsley RBeardsley at nedelta.com
Thu Apr 20 15:23:33 UTC 2017

Hello

I'm hoping someone can help me.  Today I tried to update my one of my clients from my Spacewalker server and got this error.

This is the first time I have seen this.  All was working fine the other day.  I tried yum clean all but that didn't help.  Also this is affecting more than one client so it must be the Spacewalk server that is having the issue.  I just don't know where.  My repositories get updates, when there are updates.

[root at dcstest1 7Server]# yum update
Loaded plugins: langpacks, rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from Spacewalk server.

One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown),
and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

     1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.

     2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working
        upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
        distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
        packages for the previous distribution release still work).

     3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum will then
        just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or use
        --enablerepo for temporary usage:

            yum-config-manager --disable <repoid>

     4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable.
        Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands,
        so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much
        slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice
        compromise:

            yum-config-manager --save --setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_unavailable=true

failed to retrieve repodata/repomd.xml from oraclelinux7-x86_64
error was [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 400 - Bad Request

[root at dcstest1 7Server]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: langpacks, rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from Spacewalk server.
repo id                                repo name                                                          status
oraclelinux7-x86_64                    Oracle Linux 7 (x86_64)                                            0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-addons             Addons for Oracle Linux 7 (x86_64)                                 0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-optional           Optional Packages for Oracle Linux 7 (x86_64)                      0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-scl12              Software Collection Library release 1.2 packages for Oracle Linux  0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-spacewalk24-client Spacewalk 2.4 Client for Oracle Linux 7 (x86_64)                   0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-uek-r3             Latest Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 for Oracle Linux 7  0
repolist: 0

Thanks for any help