[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk server HTTPS Error 400 - Bad Request

Robin Beardsley RBeardsley at nedelta.com
Fri Apr 21 12:49:16 UTC 2017

Avi

Thanks for the info.  When I try and downgrade, I still get the same 404 error.

[root at oelsandbox ~]# yum downgrade httpd httpd-tools mod_ssl
Loaded plugins: langpacks, rhnplugin, versionlock
This system is receiving updates from Spacewalk server.

One of the configured repositories failed (Unknown),
and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the only
safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

     1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.

     2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a working
        upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
        distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
        packages for the previous distribution release still work).

     3. Run the command with the repository temporarily disabled
            yum --disablerepo=<repoid> ...

     4. Disable the repository permanently, so yum won't use it by default. Yum
        will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it
        again or use --enablerepo for temporary usage:

            yum-config-manager --disable <repoid>
        or
            subscription-manager repos --disable=<repoid>

     5. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is unavailable.
        Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most commands,
        so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be be much
        slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is often a nice
        compromise:

            yum-config-manager --save --setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_unavailable=true

failed to retrieve repodata/repomd.xml from oraclelinux7-x86_64
error was [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 400 - Bad Request

My repolist:
[root at oelsandbox ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: langpacks, rhnplugin, versionlock
This system is receiving updates from Spacewalk server.
repo id                                repo name                                                  status
oraclelinux7-x86_64                    Oracle Linux 7 (x86_64)                                    0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-addons             Addons for Oracle Linux 7 (x86_64)                         0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-optional           Optional Packages for Oracle Linux 7 (x86_64)              0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-scl12              Software Collection Library release 1.2 packages for Oracl 0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-spacewalk24-client Spacewalk 2.4 Client for Oracle Linux 7 (x86_64)           0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-spacewalk24-server Spacewalk 2.4 Server for Oracle Linux 7 (x86_64)           0
oraclelinux7-x86_64-uek-r3             Latest Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 for Oracle  0