[Spacewalk-list] Rhel 7 base repo

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 13:59:49 UTC 2017

Hi Shisheer, good morning

If I got your point, you would like to remove some packages from the newly
registered machines, there are diff ways to do that, you could do one
remote execution or just via webUI, where you will select the package and
will remove from the computer *on this case will be necessary install one
client / agent in your clients*.

Another great feature should be *Stored Profile* like there is one profile
*all packages that you would like to be installed in your new machine* then
after register a new one, you could compare with that stored profile and
just say *be similar*, then Spacewalk will install/remove/upgrade/downgrade
packages on the computer just to be the same as the Stored Profile.

You will be able to find on the list history all steps to do that btw I
wrote this book with all steps necessary to implement one similar behavior.
 -
https://www.amazon.com/Spacewalk-Satellite-Project-solution-management-ebook/dp/B071DDQ4W2/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1492602720&sr=1-1&keywords=spacewalk+satellite

Let me know if you have any additional question.

Take care.

Atenciosamente
Waldirio
msn: waldirio at gmail.com