[Spacewalk-list] Command line install and configure questions

Tomáš Kašpárek tkaspare at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 07:36:33 UTC 2017

Hello Larry,

we're using following script which creates post request against
Spacewalk to create first user

post_data="login=$USER&desiredpassword=$PASS&desiredpasswordConfirm=$PASS&prefix=Mr.&firstNames=Admin&lastName=Admin&email=root at localhost&account_type=create_sat"
wget_command="wget --no-check-certificate"
base_uri="https://$SERVER"

handler=${CFU_handler:-CreateFirstUserSubmit}

${wget_command} -O create-admin-user.html \
     --save-cookies cookies.txt --keep-session-cookies \
     ${base_uri}
if grep csrf_token create-admin-user.html; then
     token=`grep csrf_token create-admin-user.html | awk -F'"' '{print $6}'`
     post_data="$post_data&csrf_token=${token}"
fi
${wget_command} -O create-admin-user-response.html \
     --post-data "${post_data}" \
     --load-cookies cookies.txt \
     "${base_uri}/rhn/newlogin/$handler.do"

Tomas