[Spacewalk-list] Help Setting Up Ubuntu Channel/Repository

Eric Herget eherget at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 15:02:24 UTC 2017

Spacewalk 2.7 will be released shortly and includes some significant
improvements to Ubuntu/Debian version handling.  If you are running
spacewalk from the nightly repo and it is up to date, you already have
the server side fixes.  You will also need the updated Ubuntu/Debian
client bits.

One note.  After updating to 2.7 or nightly that incorporates these
fixes, you will need to recreate your Ubuntu/Debian repos in spacewalk
in order to have the fixed version parsing put the correct values in the
database.

Eric

On 08/23/2017 09:14 AM, Craig Thompson wrote:

> I’m new to spacewalk, so thanks for your help in advance.  I’ve
> successfully installed SpaceWalk and created and synced Ubuntu Trusty
> repositories.  I currently have one system registered in my Spacewalk
> instance.  It is a Ubuntu Trusty server that is subscribed to my
> Trusty channel.  The issue that I’m experiencing is that not all the
> packages installed on the client system are being associated with the
> package in the trusty repository.  For example:
>
> This package is installed on the system:
>
> apt-utils-1.0.1ubuntu2.17-0
>
> In my trusty repository, I have the following package:
>
> apt-utils-1.0.1ubuntu2-X.amd64-deb
>
> Spacewalk is not connecting the two packages.  Meaning, if I drill
> into the software installed on the system,
>  apt-utils-1.0.1ubuntu2.17-0 is not “hyperlinked”/connected to a
> repository.  I’m assuming that it’s related to the 2-X version in the
> repository.  How do I get the two packages to link to one another?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig
>
> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
> attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
> contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any
> unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
> immediately and destroy or permanently delete all copies of the
> original message. If you have received this communication in error,
> please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at 860-240-5600
> and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.

Eric Herget | Senior Software Engineer
Red Hat Satellite