[Spacewalk-list] Help Setting Up Ubuntu

Paul-Andre Panon paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com
Wed Aug 23 18:35:57 UTC 2017

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:02:24 -0400,  Eric Herget <eherget at redhat.com> wrote:
>Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Help Setting Up Ubuntu Channel/Repository
>
>Spacewalk 2.7 will be released shortly and includes some significant improvements to Ubuntu/Debian version handling.  If you are running spacewalk from the nightly repo and it is up to date, you already have the server side fixes.  You will also need the updated Ubuntu/Debian client bits.
>
>One note.  After updating to 2.7 or nightly that incorporates these fixes, you will need to recreate your Ubuntu/Debian repos in spacewalk in order to have the fixed version parsing put the correct values in the database.
>
>Eric

Could you please expand on "the updated Ubuntu/Debian client bits"? What is the changed functionality and any idea how those are getting distributed? Are they getting rolled into upstream and we can expect packages on existing distributions, or are we going to need to pull packages from a PPA and distribute them through a custom channel?

Thanks,

Paul-Andre Panon
Senior systems administrator