[Spacewalk-list] Duplicate system profiles - Duplicate hostname

Robert Paschedag robert.paschedag at web.de
Tue Aug 29 04:43:43 UTC 2017

Am 29. August 2017 05:11:02 MESZ schrieb "Yu, Matthew" <matthew.yu at fitchratings.com>:
>I've got spacewalk 2.6 setup and running fine in AWS environment.   The
>issue I have is duplicate system profile with duplicate hostname when
>the system is being reprovision or when the Chef recipe has been
>updated.
>
>Does anyone have any thoughts how to prevent the duplicate system
>profiles ?

>Confidentiality Notice:  The information contained in this e-mail and
>any attachment(s) is confidential and for the use of the addressee(s)
>only.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, do not
>duplicate or redistribute it by any means.  Please delete this e-mail
>and any attachment(s) and notify us immediately.  Unauthorized use,
>reliance, disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail and any
>attachment(s), or any similar action, is strictly prohibited.  Fitch
>Ratings reserves the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law,
>to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail messages both to and from its
>systems.
>
>This e-mail has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
>For more information, please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email.

No, not directly, I think.

You would have to search for the name of the system within spacewalk *before* you try to add it. Then, in case there is, could generate a *re-provision* key for that system and use that for the registration.

Or, much simpler, spacewalk has a systems view with *outdated* systems. You can check these and remove them.

Robert