[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Proxy Services

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 09:16:23 UTC 2017

> Hello Team,

Hello Nick,

> I am looking to deploy Spacewalk in my infrastructure and have a few questions regarding Spacewalk Proxies.
>
> In regards to Spacewalk Proxies, what Spacewalk services do the Proxies proxy? From what I have found so far, it appears that they do not proxy PXE, TFTP, DHCP and Kickstart. Is this true?

Spacewalk proxy basicaly does http proxy + package caching and osad proxy.

> If the above is true, what is the recommended method for distributed, multisite PXE and Kickstart for Spacewalk?

For kickstarts you need to run DHCP server or proxy on the same network as your
clients (while Spacewalk proxy can be on a different network). All other
services (PXE, TFTP, HTTP) then should work without modification (once client
receives IP address and routing from DHCP it knows how to reach servers
on different networks).

> Thank you,
>
> Nick Adams

Michael Mráka