[Spacewalk-list] Need to setup monthly patching - while keeping base release frozen.

Shaw, Michael mshaw at rti.org
Thu Jan 12 20:36:16 UTC 2017

Hello,

I walked into an environment that had no frozen channels and monthly patching happened by whatever was available in the channel at the time, i.e. if there was a kernel upgrade then the kernel upgraded.  This has ended up causing issues.

I have since then locked all of the hosts and created base OS channels, i.e. RHEL5.11, RHEL6.8, RHEL7.1, RHEL7.2, etc.  I have also started creating a monthly patch channels but how can I merge the channels?

I need to keep the hosts at certain release level, i.e. RHEL7.2, but still apply monthly patches.  It doesn't seem like there is a straight forward way to do this?

Regards,

Mike
---
Mike Shaw - Linux Systems Administrator
ITS - Production Operations - PaaS
Phone-919.541.6003    Skype-live:mdshaw89
RTI International
mshaw at rti.org<mailto:mshaw at rti.org>