[Spacewalk-list] How to fix typo in channel label?

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Wed Jan 18 15:13:46 UTC 2017

I have a typo in a channel label.  (You can probably tell by my postings that my typing skills are not the best. )  Anyway, this typo is not the end of the world, and I've been doing my best to ignore it, but its like finger nails on a chalkboard, it grates on me.

I've been trying to figure out how to fix this typo.  The good thing is, that there are only three systems registered to it, so if I have to blow it away, I can.

I looked at cloning the the channel, correcting the typo on the clone, then move the registered systems to it, and delete the original channel. However, I don't like that, because the cloning process puts the word "clone" in the label, and that is also something that would bother me.

Is there a command in the spacecmd that I can use to rename the label?  I've been looking, but right now, I don't see anything.

If I blow away the current channel and recreate it, do I have to blow away the repository as well?  Can I keep the repo and just link them back up?  How about the three systems that I currently have registered to the channel, do I have to re-register them?

Any suggestion is helpful.

Thank you.

Daryl