[Spacewalk-list] How to fix typo in channel label?

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Jan 18 19:50:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On 19 Jan 2017, at 2:13 am, Daryl Rose <darylrose at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> If I blow away the current channel and recreate it, do I have to blow away the repository as well?  Can I keep the repo and just link them back up?  How about the three systems that I currently have registered to the channel, do I have to re-register them?

You don't have to blow away the repository and you'll find that syncing is (almost) a no-op on the initial run because the packages already exist locally. They'll just get added to the new channel.

You do not need to re-register the systems either. Just switch them to the new channel (if it is a base channel) or remove the old and add the new channel (if it is a child).

So, the simplest option is actually to add a new channel (with the right name) and assign the repo and run the sync and then switch the clients. You'll find it's both pretty quick and pretty low risk.

Note that I would create the new channel and switch all the clients and make sure it all works before deleting the old channel. You can have multiple channels pointing to the same repo, so that's fine.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496