[Spacewalk-list] How to fix typo in channel label?

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Jan 18 20:56:07 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On 19 Jan 2017, at 7:32 am, Daryl Rose <darylrose at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> The steps that you provided work great, with one exception.  The original channel has over 3000 packages, while the new channel has only 752.  Why wouldn't the new channel get all 3000?

Are you syncing with the "-n" option? That will restrict the new channel to only adding the latest version of each package, instead of all versions. There is a corresponding checkbox in the UI if you're triggering the sync via the UI.

Note that the -n option doesn't remove older versions of a package from a channel, so your old channel could have 3000 packages because there is a lot of older versions.

Having said that, without knowing what the upstream repository is or how it's being synced, I can't really answer why there's such a large difference. If the same repo is used for both old and new channels, you should get the same amount of packages (modulo the -n exception above).

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496