[Spacewalk-list] conflicting distributions for ubuntu trusty and lingering packages that still show as upgradable in console

lravelo at us.hellmann.net lravelo at us.hellmann.net
Fri Jun 9 13:31:33 UTC 2017

Good morning Everyone,

I've been able to push updates to an Ubuntu Trusty box that I've been
testing Spacewalk with and am running into some issues.  The first issue
I've run into is when running an "apt-get update".  It will give me a
conflicting distribution warning:

W: Conflicting distribution: spacewalk://spacewalk.domain trusty-security
Release (expected trusty-security but got trusty)
W: Conflicting distribution: spacewalk://spacewalk.domain trusty-updates
Release (expected trusty-updates but got trusty)
W: Conflicting distribution: spacewalk://spacewalk.domain trusty-backports
Release (expected trusty-backports but got trusty)

Not too many of threads online that I've been able to get some useful
information from in order to resolve it and not even sure this is a deal
breaker.  I've run and "apt-get clean" and recreated the
/var/lib/apt/lists directory but still the issue persists.

My next issue is with package installation.  I've been able to deploy the
packages from the spacewalk console but I'm still left two packages:

adduser-3.113ubuntu2-X.all-deb
python-debian-0.1.21ubuntu1-X.all-deb

However, the console shows that the following two are the packages
installed:

adduser-3.113+nmu3ubuntu3-0.all-deb
python-debian-0.1.21+nmu2ubuntu2-0.all-deb

Seems like the latest versions are installed but I don't understand enough
about the naming convention of debian packages to know the difference
here.

Related to this is the fact that if I do an apt-get upgrade on the box,
there are some packages that show up that are not listed in the spacewalk
console.  If I try to upgrade them from there, I'll get a 404 Not Found
error.  Let's take one of the packages, for example:

E: Failed to fetch
spacewalk://spacewalk.domain/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/trusty-updates/getPackage/vim-2:7.4.052-1ubuntu3.1.amd64-deb.deb
 404  Not Found

If I run a "dpkg -s vim" on the client I'll get the following:

Package: vim
Section: editors
Installed-Size: 2185
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 2:7.4.052-1ubuntu3

So it seems like there is a discrepancy between the client and server
regarding what packages are installed.  Anyone else have any experience
with this?

Regards,

Lazaro Ravelo
ISS Systems Engineer II

Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Inc.
10450 Doral Blvd
Doral, FL  33178
Phone:  +1 305 406 4500
Fax:  +1 305 418 4992
Direct:  +1 305 406 4574
Mobile:  +1 305 927 1386
Email:  Lazaro.Ravelo at us.hellmann.net
Web:  www.hellmann.com

THINKING AHEAD - MOVING FORWARD

06/09/2017----09:08:43 AM

>Disclaimer: Please note that Internet communications are not secure and
therefore HELLMANN WORLDWIDE LOGISTICS does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message. This e-mail is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain
information that is confidential and privileged. If you are not the
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to
the official business of HELLMANN WORLDWIDE LOGISTICS shall be understood
as neither given nor endorsed by it. Viruses: HELLMANN WORLDWIDE LOGISTICS
takes all possible steps to ensure that emails are virus free, but does
not accept any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims,
losses or damages arising as a result of any party accessing this email or
files attached to it.