[Spacewalk-list] SW base channels question

Robin Beardsley RBeardsley at nedelta.com
Mon Jun 12 18:20:08 UTC 2017

I created a base channel oraclelinux7-x86_64 that has the following child channels:
oraclelinux7-x86_64-addons
oraclelinux7-x86_64-optional
oraclelinux7-x86_64-scl12
oraclelinux7-x86_64-spacewalk24-client
oraclelinux7-x86_64-spacewalk24-server

Then I created another base channel, ol7_x86_64_uekr3 and did a full sync

What I should have done is made ol7_x86_64_uekr3 a child channel of oraclelinux7-x86_64 because now I have to keep switching base channels on all of my hosts when I want updates from all channels.

I there a way to make a base channel a child of another base channel after the fact?

Thanks for any info.