[Spacewalk-list] RedHat Subscriptions Management deploying Spacewalk

rosario.mattera at accenture.com rosario.mattera at accenture.com
Wed Mar 8 10:08:57 UTC 2017

Thank you Waldirio,
when I say “I’ve the subscriptions for all my RedHat hosts” I mean that I’ve signed a contract with RedHat in order to be able to register on RHN/RHMS all the RHEL hosts I provision on my own infrastructure. Nowadays, not all of those hosts are registered, but the Spacewalk deployment has been planned to avoid the hosts to go massively on Internet to download updates. Thus, I’m going to register these hosts on Spacewalk.

From you response I see that technically it’s possible to manage RedHat hosts via Spacewalk, even if some scripts are needed, but my doubt is about the management of entitlements. There are two scenario but I don’t know which is actually the behavior. I’m trying to figure out here a recap looking for a confirmation:

-         Without Spacewalk, on my RedHat account I can see all the hosts registered on RHN belonging to that account. They are supported by RedHat under the SLA described in the contract service, aren’t they?

-         With Spacewalk (deployed on a RedHat registered host), will I see only the Spacewalk server registered on my RedHat Account?How can I manage all other hosts?Are they under the RedHat support as without the Spacewalk deployment?

Regards,
Rosario