[Spacewalk-list] RedHat Subscriptions Management deploying Spacewalk

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 18:16:59 UTC 2017

Hi

Answer inline

Take care.
______________
Atenciosamente
Waldirio
msn: waldirio at gmail.com
Skype: waldirio
Site: www.waldirio.com.br
Blog: blog.waldirio.com.br
LinkedIn: http://br.linkedin.com/pub/waldirio-pinheiro/22/b21/646
PGP: www.waldirio.com.br/public.html

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 2:18 PM, <rosario.mattera at accenture.com> wrote:

> Hello Waldirio,
>
> thanks a lot for your exhaustive explanation. Now the overall management
> is clear.
>

> Definitely, if I understand well, what I see in my deployment (managing
> all the Linux hosts – RHEL, CENTOS, SLES, Debian) is that using Spacewalk I
> do not need to install the smart management addon on the RHEL hosts neither
> to purchase the Satellite subscription. The difference between a Satellite
> or a Spacewalk deployment is just the support on the Management platform
> itself. Please, correct me if I’m wrong.

Not only support, there are another points in the product *which you don't
have to do manually* and a lot of another benefits, like knowledge base,
support 24x7, etc etc etc

> Regarding
>
> - With Spacewalk (deployed on a RedHat registered host), will I see only
> the Spacewalk server registered on my RedHat Account?
> A: Independent of product installed in your rhel, you will be able to see
> the server via webUI / customer portal.
>
> so I can see all the RHEL registered hosts via customer portal. Is it
> right?

Nops, as you said, you will see only your RHEL which you have installed the
SW, all machines registered on SW will not be visible via webUI / access
portal. Will be available via Spacewalk webUI only.