[Spacewalk-list] Replacing the Jabberd database

J Epperson spacewalk at epperson.homelinux.net
Thu Mar 23 23:52:50 UTC 2017

Thanks, Avi, for being such a terrific community resource over the past
few years (about a decade now?). I'm retired, but just wanted to call
you out as a mensch.

On 2017-03-23 15:39, Avi Miller wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> On 23 Mar 2017, at 11:50 pm, Daryl Rose <darylrose at outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've always had issues with clients machines connecting to the SW server. In the past, others have suggested replacing the Jabberd database with something else, but I don't remember what that is. So, I am hoping that someone can pass on that information to me. What should I replace Jabbered DB with, and are there detailed steps out there?
>
> I wrote up two procedures, one to switch to SQLite and the other to switch to PostgreSQL:
>
> SQLite: https://omg.dje.li/2017/02/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-an-sqlite-backend/ [2]
> PostgreSQL: https://omg.dje.li/2017/03/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-a-postgresql-backend/ [3]
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or if the steps aren't clear. :)
>
> Cheers,
> Avi
>
> --
> Oracle <http://www.oracle.com [4]>
> Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496
> Oracle Linux and Virtualization
> 417 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004 Australia

[2]
https://omg.dje.li/2017/02/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-an-sqlite-backend/
[3]
https://omg.dje.li/2017/03/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-a-postgresql-backend/