[Spacewalk-list] Replacing the Jabberd database

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Fri Mar 24 13:04:44 UTC 2017

On 24/03/17 12:46, Daryl Rose wrote:

> Avi,
>

> You wrote those procedures? Jan-Albert provided the link to the
> postgres steps and I followed them, on my test server.  They are very
> clear and easy to use.
>

> Prior to my posting this question, I looked at other steps to moving
> to sqlite, they looked challenging, and I didn't want to give it a
> try.  I would do something wrong, and break my database.  Your steps
> for using sqlite are much easier, and clearer.  I'll give them a try
> on my test system.
>

> So, which is preferred by the community?  sqlite, or postqres?

If, at the time that I moved away from BerkeleyDB I had had the concise
good instructions for postgres I probably would have chosen postgres. In
any case, moving to sqlite has resolved the issues I was having and all
has been pretty stable since then.

Giles Coochey
+44 (0) 7584 634 135
+44 (0) 1803 529 451