[Spacewalk-list] Problems with Spacewalk 2.7 automated install - cname alias of the machine

Larry Clegg lclegg at kyriba.com
Wed Oct 4 10:01:22 UTC 2017

Greetings Spacers,

I have a script that installs and configures Spacewalk 2.7 from scratch on
a Centos 6.9 system.  Everything works great except for one item.

I use an answers.txt file to supply all the information to spacewalk-setup,
e.g. spacewalk-setup –answer-file=answers.txt

This worked perfectly with Spacewalk 2.6.  The 2.7 version seems to have
introduced a new required parameter, the cname alias for the system.  The
script pauses and asks for that information – not real handy when trying to
do an unattended install.

I added into my answers.txt file this line:  “ssl-cname = spacewalk2”   but
it is ignored and I’m still prompted.

Is there a solution to this to keep my automated script working correctly?

Here is some of the output:

Wed Oct  4 11:44:31 CEST 2017 - Now installing Spacewalk

** Database: Setting up database connection for PostgreSQL backend.

** Database: Installing the database:

** Database: This is a long process that is logged in:

** Database:   /var/log/rhn/install_db.log

*** Progress: #

** Database: Installation complete.

** Database: Populating database.

*** Progress: ##########################

* Configuring tomcat.

* Setting up users and groups.

** GPG: Initializing GPG and importing key.

** GPG: Creating /root/.gnupg directory

* Performing initial configuration.

* Configuring apache SSL virtual host.

** /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf has been backed up to ssl.conf-swsave

* Configuring jabberd.

* Creating SSL certificates.

Cname alias of the machine (comma seperated)? spacewalk2

** SSL: Generating CA certificate.

** SSL: Deploying CA certificate.

** SSL: Generating server certificate.

** SSL: Storing SSL certificates.

* Deploying configuration files.

* Update configuration in database.

* Setting up Cobbler..

* Restarting services.

Installation complete.

And here is the answers.txt file I’m testing with:

[root at spacewalk2 scripts]#  cat answers.txt

admin-email = lclegg at kyriba.com

ssl-set-org = Kyriba

ssl-set-org-unit = spacewalk2.cloud.kyriba.com

ssl-set-city = San Diego

ssl-set-state = CA

ssl-set-country = US

ssl-password = spacewalk

ssl-set-email = root at localhost

ssl-config-sslvhost = Y

ssl-cname = spacewalk2

db-backend = postgresql

db-name = spaceschema

db-user = spaceuser

db-password = spacepw

db-host = localhost

db-port = 5432

enable-tftp = N

Regards,

*Larry E. Clegg*

Systems Administrator| *Kyriba*

[Address] 9620 Towne Centre Drive | Suite 250 | San Diego, California |
92121

www.kyriba.com | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/KyribaCorp> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/kyribacorp> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/kyriba-corporation> | Blog