[Spacewalk-list] Failed: Packages failed to install properly: Package is not available for installation" (code 32)

Torvund, Vegard vegard.torvund at helse-vest-ikt.no
Wed Oct 4 14:22:41 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm unable to upgrade a certain package my systems. Spacewalk  returns the following when applying updates in SW GUI:
Client execution returned "Failed: Packages failed to install properly: Package packagename.el7_4.2.x86_64 is not available for installation" (code 32)

The systems themselves report:  "No packages marked for update" when doing a yum upgrade

But in the package in question is not updated.

I have done a schema-upgrade as suggested in this KB: https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1263213

But it seems to be updated.

spacewalk-schema-upgrade
Schema upgrade: [spacewalk-schema-2.4.24-1.el7] -> [spacewalk-schema-2.4.24-1.el7]
Your database schema already matches the schema package version [spacewalk-schema-2.4.24-1.el7].

Has anybody else encountered this?

Best,

Vegard Torvund
Konsulent ikt