[Spacewalk-list] Auto-deploying renewed cert

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Oct 4 22:50:35 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On 4 Oct 2017, at 12:46 pm, Daryl Rose <darylrose at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> I'm using a signed cert, which is scheduled to expire at the end of the year.  I have over 800 clients in SW.  Is there a way to auto-deploy the cert?  I want to start planning now so I don't end up with a bunch of broken connections.

Assuming the CA doesn't change, i.e. you're just renewing the certificate using your existing CA, you don't have to deploy anything. The clients only need the CA certificate deployed and it's unlikely that's changing.

This is why I was happy writing my Using Let's Encrypt with Spacewalk[1] how-to, because the CA doesn't change even though the certificates are renewed every 90 days.

Cheers,
Avi

[1] https://omg.dje.li/2017/04/using-lets-encrypt-ssl-certificates-with-spacewalk/

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496