[Spacewalk-list] Missing RPMs for SLE_15

William Hongach William.Hongach at marist.edu
Tue Aug 28 20:35:09 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I'm trying to install/build Spacewalk 2.8 for SLE_15 running on s390x.  Most of the RPMs in noarch and/or src get the job done, but I am missing two in particular as follows:

2 Problems:
Problem: nothing provides newt-python3 needed by python3-rhn-setup-2.8.25-3.5.noarch
Problem: nothing provides python3-spacewalk-usix needed by python3-rhncfg-5.10.122-4.2.noarch

I'm using the standard repo at: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/systemsmanagement:/spacewalk:/2.8/SLE_15/

I noticed that the server has the "python3-newt" package installed, so the first error might be a typo in the dependency that it is checking (server also has full newt package installed).  However, I definitely cannot locate a source RPM or noarch RPM for python3-spacewalk-usix.

I do have python2-spacewalk-usix installed.  Will this suffice?  If not, can someone point me in the right direction to obtain the python3 version?  It seems like our SLE_12 servers were happy using the python2 libraries, but SLE_15 wants to use the python3 libraries for all of these Spacewalk 2.8 RPMs.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I understand most of the SLE binaries will be for x86_64, so I'm happy to obtain the source RPMs and build our own for s390x.

Thanks in advance.