[Spacewalk-list] Syncing IUS Repositories

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Tue Jan 9 14:10:52 UTC 2018

Great.  Thank you Michael.

Daryl

________________________________
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com <spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com> on behalf of Michael Mraka <michael.mraka at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 2:25 AM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Syncing IUS Repositories

Daryl Rose:
> I'm syncing the CentOS and RHEL IUS Repositories.  I have a daily sync setup to pull down any new updates.  After a month or so of syncing updates, I noticed that the sync pulls down the yum repo configuration rpm, every time its updated.  I just happened to look in the Package Management section and noticed about a hundred packages that were not in a channel.  All were centos and RHEL repo configuration rpm packages.   I cleared them out, and now I see there are two more from this mornings sync.
>

> Is there a rule or something that I can put in place that will keep from pulling down those rpm's?  I don't need to use them and I really don't want to have to clean them out every few day's.

Hello Daryl,

You can add filter to a repository:
Go to Channels > Manage Software Channels > Manage Repositories
select UIS repository and put '-unwanted_package' into Filters.

> Thanks
>
> Daryl

Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat

Red Hat Linux is the centerpiece of a complete solution that includes software, support, training, and services. We feature a broad range of solutions to serve a ...